Sunday, April 11, 2010

What am I reading/recomendation


Well, as I have stated before, I have been reading the Twilight Sage. My journey with Twilight hasn't been a very good one. I was kinda not into it when the whole craze started. I've never really been one for obsessive trends. But, one summer day 2 years ago my twin insisted that I start reading Twilight, so I did. I was SOO into it! I couldn't put it down. I kept reading and reading, and I got to the part where all of the Cullens and Belle were at the baseball field and the bad people were coming... then I couldn't read it anymore. To me, it was just so.. teenager-like. So, since then I've seen Twilight and New Moon, and I've made it a goal to actually read the books. I've gotta say, I feel a little awkward carrying around Twilight. I feel like I'm way out of style lol. I am enjoying it more now that I know a little bit more about it, but I am no where near obsessed as some of the girls at my school. I over heard a girl in my Lifetime class having a discussion with her boyfriend about why he doesn't have powers because he's not a vampire. A little weird I think.


One of my favorite time periods in history is the Holocaust. It is soo tragic, but I find it so interesting. My heritage is German and I speak German, so if it helps, I'm totally on the Jews side :) For senior English, my class had to read Night by Elie Wiesel. I seriously COULD NOT put that book down. It is one of my all time favorite books. This book is about one boys story on how he survived the Holocaust. All of the tragedies and hardships he had to go through... ugh. So sad. The way it is written is so soft yet gripping. I loovee it!

No comments:

Post a Comment